The third Sunday of June is fast approaching, and in just over a week we’ll be dedicating a day to honoring dads. When selecting a Father’s Day present, we try to find gifts that reflect the recipient’s interests and inspire him to have a little fun; we also aim for items or experiences that are meaningful, practical, maybe a bit decadent, and perhaps even capable of sparking new adventures. Here are a few of our favorite options:
1. For dads who like to dove hunt, a Purdey 20 Gauge from Willoughby McCabe & Co. will more than hit the mark.
2. Handmade Vartan cigars, available from Ambassador Fine Cigars, are wonderfully complex and will impress any connoisseur.
3. Fathers who like to tailgate in style will cherish a Mahogany Teardrop Party Trailer. This mobile bar, available from Garden Variety, includes an air conditioner, sleeps two, and is guaranteed to make him the envy of all of his friends.
4. Consider giving Dad the gift of an unforgettable experience by booking a bonding trip with Natural Retreats, which offers a variety of rental properties in exquisite wilderness locations from Alaska to Ireland.
5. Imagine what a blast your father will have taking a road trip on a Harley-Davidson Road King model FLHR. (Bonus: A motorcycle also makes running errands for mom much more enjoyable.)
6. Classic diamond printed swim trunks, available from Bloke., will be perfect for the next family beach vacation.
7. Give him the ultimate piece for his study: An ink drawing by the talented Dennis Gormley. Call 239.269.6685 for details.
8. There’s something so satisfying about giving a luxurious gift that can be used daily. A Kent shaving brush, available from Oxford Exchange, will be appreciated on an ongoing basis.