Thank you for your interest in working at The Scout Guide. Below are current job opportunities at The Scout Guide Headquarters. If you do not see the type of job you are seeking, we encourage you to check back regularly, or please feel free to send your resume and a note about why you’d be a great addition to the TSG HQ team to careers[at]thescoutguide.com.
The Graphic Designer demonstrates a sound understanding and execution of producing refined and compelling graphics, as well as an established sense of brand value and consistency. The Graphic Designer is proficient with industry standard design software. He/she has a basic understanding of printing procedures, photography, digital photo editing, typography and illustration.
- Completes layout and design of multiple city guides each year within scheduled timeline and with minimal alterations
- Understands and maintains TSG aesthetic and brand adherence throughout the design processes
- Prepares work to be accomplished by gathering information and materials from the editor’s prepared Google Drive folder, client websites, or other sources as appropriate
- Illustrates concept by designing layout of art and copy regarding arrangement, size, type size and style based on the TSG aesthetic
- Submits designs to the Design Manager for review and works with design team on edits
- Receives and interprets creative briefs and direction on each spread and design
- Obtains approval of concept by submitting layout for editor approval
- Responsible for light to moderate photo editing and retouching
- Demonstrates exemplary organization and maintains proper design file organization for each city and for other internal projects
- Successfully sets priorities to plan and execute production checklists
- Executes basic preflight validations for all city guides before sending to press
- Responsible for timely production, layout, and design of special graphic requests, sales and marketing collateral, social media graphics, etc.
- Assists Design Manager in design and delivery of marketing collateral
- Uses excellent communication skills both internally with coworkers, and externally with editors and clients
- Responsible for daily communication with editors concerning design and production of city guides, special graphics, and merchandise
- Design Manager in delivering creative direction for editors, photographers, and freelance talent
- Assists Production Manager in communications concerning technical processes with printing and press providers
- Bachelor of Arts in Graphic Design, Communications, or related field
- 2+ years of experience in Graphic Design and Adobe Creative Suite
- Demonstrates fluency in current graphic design practices and programs, such as Adobe Creative Suite (especially InDesign and Photoshop)
- Completes assigned and self-initiated skill-building initiatives to advance proficiency
- Participates in weekly team meetings
REPORTS TO: Design Manager
To apply, send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Disclaimer: This job description is only a summary of the typical functions of the job, not
an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks and duties.