Thank you for your interest in working at The Scout Guide. Below please find the current career opportunities at The Scout Guide Headquarters, which is based in Charlottesville, Virginia. We are always interested in hearing from passionate, driven, creative individuals, so if there are no current openings that seem like a good fit, we encourage you to check back regularly, or please feel free to send your resume and a note about why you’d be a great addition to the TSG HQ team to careers[at]thescoutguide.com.
The Office Manager is an integral member of the Operations Department and plays a critical, very visible role in supporting the company by cultivating a functional and enjoyable office environment. The ideal candidate is energetic and enthusiastic, and possesses an innate ability to get along with everybody. This position will encompass anything and everything that can (and will) come up at a small office, and will be best suited for a positive go-getter—someone who is hyper-organized, highly professional, and a creative problem-solver. This position is for our Headquarters office in Charlottesville, Virginia.
- Performs general office duties and errands, including but not limited to answering phones and emails, ordering and stocking supplies, filing, scheduling meetings, and greeting visitors
- Packages and facilitates general office mailing and shipping needs
- Serves as primary point of contact for IT service provider, phone service provider, and any other service providers for internal systems
- Maintains the office condition and arranges or performs necessary repairs
- Follows and maintains policies and procedures for interviewing, hiring, onboarding, and termination of employees
- Works with the Director of Operations and Finance to manage the annual Operations Budget
- Assists TSG Charlottesville Editors with distribution, event planning, brand initiatives, and general administrative tasks
- Plans and executes employee birthday celebrations, team lunches, holiday events, TSG community volunteer days, etc.
- Organizes team outings and coordinates with each department to plan quarterly team-led events
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent years of relevant experience
- Highly organized with ability to manage multiple tasks
- Able to maintain a flexible outlook, reprioritizing and troubleshooting project changes
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Outstanding reliability and discretion
- Strong knowledge of Google Drive and MS Office
- Ability to lift 25 pounds
Reports to: Director of Operations and Finance
Outstanding candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to careers[at]thescoutguide.com.
Disclaimer: This job description is only a summary of the typical functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks, and duties.