Thank you for your interest in working at The Scout Guide. Below are current job opportunities with TSG. Please feel free to send your resume and a note about why you’d be a great addition to the TSG HQ team or a local TSG team through the form at the bottom of the page. If you do not see the type of job you are seeking, we encourage you to check back regularly and submit your resume for our files.
EDITORIAL INTERN – SUMMER 2022
The Editorial Intern supports The Scout Guide’s national editorial department by helping to create content, maintain The Scout Guide’s presence on social media, and contributing to other editorial initiatives. This is a part-time, remote, unpaid position.
- Assists in researching/writing editorial features
- Drafts copy for social media and helps to ensure that editorial features and other content is promoted appropriately on all channels
- Engages with TSG cities, advertisers, and followers on social media
- Researches ideas for new content for the national website and social media platforms
- Self-starter with ability to work independently
- Creative problem-solving and project management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree or working toward bachelor’s degree in English, Communications, Media Studies, or related field
- Previous writing experience a plus
- Proficient in social media platforms, including Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, and Twitter
- Experience with WordPress and Squarespace preferred, but not required
Reports to: Editorial Director
Candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to careers[at]thescoutguide.com.
Disclaimer: This job description is only a summary of the typical functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks and duties.
The Scout Guide provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.