Thank you for your interest in working at The Scout Guide. Below are current job opportunities at The Scout Guide Headquarters. If you do not see the type of job you are seeking, we encourage you to check back regularly, or please feel free to send your resume and a note about why you’d be a great addition to the TSG HQ team to careers[at]thescoutguide.com.
FRANCHISE COMPLIANCE MANAGER
The Franchise Compliance Manager ensures that Scout Guide, LLC (TSG) operates in a manner consistent with all relevant legal and regulatory guidelines. The Franchise Compliance Manager is the key knowledge resource for TSG’s franchise disclosure document (FDD), franchise agreement, and other contracts frequently used by TSG or its franchisees. This is a part-time, hourly position, estimated at 20 hours per week.
- Creates, processes, collects, reviews, and archives all “mission-critical” documents, including but not limited to, Franchise Agreements, Termination/Release Agreements, Transfers of Ownership, Renewals, Ownership Changes, Business Name Changes, Address Changes, and any necessary Addendums or Amendments
- Consults and liaises with TSG’s corporate attorneys as needed to resolve legal/compliance issues related to the franchise (Scout Guide, LLC), franchise registration, business opportunity registration, and trademark registrations
- Evaluates, reviews, and manages all contracts associated with The Scout Guide. Responsible for all documents throughout the lifecycle of the franchise, including drafting and compiling terms and conditions and routine change management activities such as negotiations, amendments, consolidations, and renewal agreements.
- Manages and maintains the full lifecycle of the Franchise Disclosure Document (FDD). Updates FDD annually, assists with annual audit as related to the FDD update, registers FDD with appropriate states, and manages FDD to reflect business updates and changes throughout the year.
- Works closely with the Franchise Development Manager when someone buys a new or existing franchise
- Manages renewals of existing franchisees
- Collaborates with other departments as needed to proactively identify and direct legal/compliance issues to appropriate existing channels for investigation and resolution
- Participates in weekly all-staff meetings
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent years of relevant experience
- Paralegal, legal secretary, or contract administration experience
- Extremely organized
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Outstanding reliability and discretion
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Strong knowledge of Google Drive and MS Office
Reports to: Director of Operations & Finance
Outstanding candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to careers[at]thescoutguide.com.
Disclaimer: This job description is only a summary of the typical functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks, and duties.