7 Things our Editor is Loving this January
Jan 11, 2024 Uncategorized
Happy 2024! I am so excited for another year of supporting local in Charlottesville and thought I would start the year off with seven things I am loving in Charlottesville this January.
- Well Room for IV Nutrition & Infrared Sauna: It seems like half of Charlottesville is battling some sort of bug at the moment. After being under the weather for most of the holidays, a visit to the Well Room for a drip & sauna finally has me feeling better. We recommend The Shield Drip, with a hefty dose of B complex, B12 and Vitamin C, and Amino Acids and electrolytes that aid recovery and prevent illness by giving your immune system a strong foundation.
- The Be Just January Sale: I always tend to go into nesting mode in January and after taking down the Christmas decorations I am inspired to refresh my interiors. This is a great time to do so because Be Just is running their 25% off January sale for the entire month. Now is the time to grab those bigger ticket items that you’ve been eyeing. I have my eyes on this super cozy blanket perfect for these cold January days & nights.
- While we’re on the subject of SALES, do not miss the BIG Scarpa, Eloise & Quattro Tizi sales this month! It’s the perfect time to stock up on some great items for your winter closet.
- Mocktails at Pres Bar at Pres des Pres: Since I started off the year feeling under the weather I decided that I might as well embrace the Dry January trend … or at least make it a “damp January.” Loved the Pom Magnifique mocktail that is currently on the Pres Bar menu at Près des Prés in Gordonsville. Don’t miss out on January Locals month where a table of four can enjoy the 3 course French tasting menu for only $50 per person.
- Puzzles from Brigid & Bess: I don’t know about you, but this time of year I find it hard to motivate to do much after it gets dark outside. One thing that my teenage daughters and I are loving on these cold, dark January evenings is working on puzzles together. Brigid & Bess always has a great selection of chic puzzle designs and we are really excited about tackling this sweet double sided Sugar & Spice 1000 piecer! Don’t miss the Brigid & Bess Warehouse sale coming up this weekend at the Dairy Market.
- Cooking & Watercolor Classes at Pippin Hill Farm & Vineyards: A new year inspires me to explore new hobbies and I am really excited about the upcoming cooking and watercolor classes at Pippin Hill Farm & Vineyards. I think my husband and I are going to check out the Wood Fired Pizza class so that we can continue to perfect our homemade pies in our new Gozney pizza oven from The Happy Cook!
- Opening of “Interplay” Frankie Slaughter’s new show at Quirk Gallery Charlottesville. Frankie is local to Richmond and we love her mixed media contemporary works. We can’t wait to check out her latest dynamic creations at the opening reception at Quirk on January 25 from 5-8pm. This will be worth going out after dark for 😉
Enjoy & #livelovelocal !