Wear White Jeans Year-Round
Apologies to post-Labor Day purists, but we believe white jeans are a year-round staple. They are simply too chic and practical to put away for nine months out of the year. That said, there are a few tricks to making the summer standby appropriate for autumn and beyond. Therefore, we reached out to Southern Femme style coach Megan LaRussa Chenoweth for her expert advice on how best to incorporate white jeans into our fall/winter wardrobes; here are her recommendations:
Select A Fall-Appropriate Pair:
• Cooler temperatures call for a certain jean silhouette. It’s time to retire your ankle or cropped white jeans, and opt for a sleek boot cut, classic straight leg, or longer skinny leg.
• Don’t be afraid to change up the texture on your white jeans to keep you on trend and ready for fall. A bootcut corduroy jean, an embossed skinny velvet jean, or a winter white straight leg jean all speak to the new season.
Get Styled for the Season:
• For a chic and elongating ensemble, try a monochromatic head-to-toe white look paired with black booties or pumps and a black blazer. Keep your accessories clean and minimal to complete the look.
• Channel your inner French femme by pairing a luxurious navy cashmere v-neck sweater with your white jeans. Chocolate or camel colored flats and classic hoops or diamond studs will keep your look Parisian chic.
• White jeans are made fall-appropriate with complementary tonal hues. Try camel, off-white, butterscotch, or coffee colored pieces in rich, fall fabrics. For a no-fail look, wear white skinny jeans, camel pumps, a cocoa-colored long vest (try leather, fur, or thick wool), and a winter white silk blouse.
• Love wearing prints? Animal print is your winter white jeans’ best friend. As a rule of thumb, select richer animal prints in fall fabrics to keep from looking too summery. Try a long sleeve animal print sweater, or a pair of calfskin animal print ballet flats.
Expert tip from Southern Femme Style Coach Megan LaRussa Chenoweth in Birmingham, AL.