Handsome Gifts for Him
Shopping for the gentlemen in your life can be a challenge—in our experience, men tend to adhere to a fairly strict day-to-day uniform, which makes statement-making gifts a bit of a gamble, and they also seem to purchase items when the mood strikes, rather than cataloguing a “wish list” for the holiday season. So when we decided to curate gift ideas “for him,” we went in search of handsome yet practical pieces that will blend seamlessly into a wardrobe or easily fit into a list of wants. Here, we offer a collection of present ideas we think he’ll love, beginning with a homespun Japanese designed merino hand-knit sweater from Columbus, Ohio-based Kiln Mercantile (above).
- Robert Talbot “Thomas” dinner jacket as seen on Naples, Florida-based John Craig Clothier’s Instagram. For details: 239.434.2115.
- Polpo: A Venetian Cookbook (of sorts) available for purchase online from Pharmacie in Minneapolis, Minnesota.
- The ‘Match’ Walking Shoe By Mephisto available for purchase online from Maus & Hoffman in Palm Beach, Florida.
- Hand-hammered Copper Arcadia Beverage Urn available for purchase online from Sertodo Copper in Austin, Texas.
- Andy Paiko custom etched glass bell jars as seen on Minneapolis, Minnesota-based Martin Patrick 3’s Instagram. For details: 612.746.5329.
- Raleigh Denim selvedge denim as seen on Jackson, Mississippi-based Great Scott’s Instagram. For details: 601.984.3500.
- ULAH Prairie Charcoal Shower Gel available for purchase online from ULAH in Kansas City, Kansas.
- Billy Reid heirloom ribbon blanket available for purchase online from Carriages Fine Clothier in Baton Rouge, Louisiana.
- American Trench merino herringbone socks available for purchase online from Gilbert and Evans in Main Line, Pennsylvania.
- KREWE du Optic “Franklin Matte Cypress” sunglasses available for purchase onlne from Onward Reserve in Charlotte, North Carolina.
- Alligator belts available for purchase online from Maus & Hoffman in Palm Beach, Florida.
- Filson ultralight quilted jacket available for purchase online from M. Dumas and Sons in Charleston, South Carolina.