7 Ways to Look & Feel Refreshed in 2016
When thinking about goals for the new year, we decided to commit to a broad notion of self-improvement rather than a strict health or exercise regimen, and are simply attempting to feel (and look) more refreshed in 2016. By adhering to an “everything in moderation” philosophy and introducing a little variety into our routines, we believe we have a better chance of sticking to our resolution in the long run. To help us stay on track, we rounded up some health, beauty, and wellness inspiration from throughout the TSG network; here are a few of the ways we’ll be working toward looking and feeling our best this year:
1. A moment of relaxation. Research suggests that a soothing float in warm salt water with minimal distractions can lower stress levels and boost your mood. Charlottesville, Virginia-based AquaFloat offers the opportunity to indulge in a float session in a foot of a mixture of salt and water, letting you enjoy weightlessness in a calm, dark room as your body relaxes.
2. A healthy cleanse. Every once in a while it’s good to hit the reset button with a well rounded cleanse. Austin’s Juice Society makes 3-day cleanses of organic cold-pressed juices that restore and purify the body with nutrient-dense, antioxidant-rich formulas that can be tailored to the individual.
3. A nutrition coaching session. How would you like to have a blueprint for how to improve your health and happiness? The experts at Durham’s Full Lotus Wellness will do that and more, offering advice on everything from exercise to diet to overall steps to optimum wellness.
4. Beautiful brows and lashes. A painless and high-impact beauty treatment, tinting is an excellent way to look instantly refreshed. Charlotte’s Toccare offers brow and lash tinting services (along with many others) that will quickly—and subtly—amp up your appearance.
5. Dinner at your doorstep. Does having fresh, delicious, healthy meals prepared for pickup or home delivery sound appealing (and easy)? Yes. Birmingham’s Nourish will customize, make, and drop off clean and tasty fare to residents in the area. Check out their breakfast, lunch and dinner options here (warning: images will be hunger-inducing).
6. A sparkling smile. No one can resist a great smile. A visit to a dental professional like Two Rivers & The Shore’s Dr. Dana Fallon to discuss cosmetic procedures can result in a whiter, more vibrant look that will have you feeling more confident.
7. A smoother complexion. We learned at an early age that good skincare is key. Enlisting the help of a professional to keep your skin healthy and refreshed is a must, and experts like Richmond’s Dr. Michael Godin, who offers a range of surgical and non-surgical procedures, can ensure that you look and feel your absolute best.
Get more stories like this delivered directly to your inbox. Sign up to receive The Scouted Life newsletter HERE.