Fall is in full swing (even as temperatures continue to fluctuate), which means it’s time to finally embark on a wardrobe refresh. As we get ready to convert the beautiful options flooding our Instagram feeds into closet staples, we find it helps to have a strategy in mind for narrowing down our options. To help us take a more focused approach to fall shopping, we asked The Scout Guide Co-Founders Susie Matheson and Christy Ford to share what they’re on the hunt for this season. Here, they discuss the inspiration behind their autumn must-haves the pieces they’re currently coveting.
Fall Shopping M.O.: “I am looking for easy feminine pieces. My clothes seem to be mirroring my husband’s these days, so I would like to embrace some color and find some feminine shapes to compliment my gender-neutral attire.”
Key Autumn Pieces:
- Ellery Marilyn black blazer available from 2otwelve in Memphis, Tennessee.
- Aquazzura Cosmic Pearl slip on leather sneakers available from Coplon’s in Charlotte, North Carolina.
- Chanel quilted zip pocket shopper available from Store 5a in Columbus, Ohio.
- Farrah skinny velvet jeans in deep currant available from eloise in Charlottesville, Virginia.
- Lauren Manoogian Martin pullover available from Scarpa in Charlottesville, Virginia.
- Linda Farrow “Black Oval” sunglasses available from Marissa Collections in Naples, Florida.
Fall Shopping M.O.: “I’m always trying to inject a few statement pieces into my everyday wardrobe. This year I’m looking for a new pair of fun sneakers or flats (an everyday item that can instantly jazz up an outfit!), sunglasses, a couple of good structured tops that can be thrown on with jeans for day or slacks for night, and a great bag. All items are outward-facing and will get a lot of miles on them!”
Key Autumn Pieces:
- Barton Perreira “Hettie” glasses available from Black Optical in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma.
- Ulla Johnson Penelope blouse (available in “army”) from Polite Society in New Orleans, Louisiana.
- Mansur Gavriel mini saddle bag available from Marissa Collections in Naples, Florida.
- Temple St. Clair Owl Amulet available from Coplon’s in Charlotte, North Carolina.
- CLOSED “Heartbreaker” jeans available from Erdon in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
- BusStopX in “Diamond” available from Bus Stop in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
Need more fall outfit inspiration? Find a Scouted clothing boutique near you in the TSG Directory.