Movie nights are such a fun way to spend an evening with family or friends. Offering guests delicious popcorn treats, in a variety of flavors, is a decadent pleasure. We suggest a savory and sweet version… the modern spin on the old popcorn tub. See our savory recipe (below) along with a link to our favorite sweet option. Expert tip from Bull Street Gourmet & Market
BROWN BUTTER ROSEMARY POPCORN Makes about 4 cups/1L
• 3 tbsp olive oil
• 1 cup popcorn kernels
• ¼ cup butter
• 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh rosemary
• 1 tsp each kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper
Directions to make popcorn:
1. Add 3 tablespoons olive oil and a 1 cup popcorn kernels to a heavy-bottomed pot over medium high heat.
2. Add three kernels. When one or more of the kernels pop, add the remaining popcorn kernels and cover.
3. Gently shake the pot over the heat source to prevent the kernels from burning.
4. Continue shaking until most kernels have popped and you can’t hear many moving against the bottom of the pan.
5. Turn off the heat and continue to shake – a few stragglers will pop. Hold the lid over the pot for a few seconds in case of a last minute pop (which will send many more popped kernels flying across your kitchen). 6. Remove lid and enjoy!
Directions for infused butter:
1. In small skillet, cook butter over medium heat until it melts and just starts to brown.
2. Add rosemary and shake to completely coat rosemary.
3. Remove from heat and allow to cool for a minute or two.
4. Drizzle infused butter over the hot popcorn and toss to combine.
5. Sprinkle with salt and fresh cracked pepper and serve immediately. We love this Salted Caramel Toffee Corn recipe from food52.