Scouted: 7 Things We're Loving Right Now
After a hectic week that started off with scouting High Point and taking in the beauty of Historic Garden Week in Virginia, we’re ready to unwind and enjoy the last few days of April. With so much going on around us, this week we were drawn to simple pleasures (like planting an herb garden) and easy pick-me-ups (like this smoothie), and we’re currently thinking about chic pieces in a pared-down palette that nonetheless pack a punch. Here are seven things we loved this week, beginning with a classic Panama hat and ending with an estate ring for the ages. Scroll through the gallery to see them all.
1. Style with a side of sun protection? Yes, please. Rag & Bone’s wide-brim Panama hat, available from eg in Charlottesville, Virginia, is a go-to accessory for spring and summer. While we’re shopping, we’ll take the silk kaftan it’s shown with, too.
2. Measuring 33” high by 54” wide by 2.5” deep, a Mid-century Modern sunburst wall sculpture by Curtis Jere will instantly add style and drama to a space. The rare find is signed by the artist, and comes in two sections. Call and claim it from Iconic Snob Galeries in Palm Beach, Florida, before we do.
3. Coclico is behind some of the most comfortable shoes in our closet, and we love their minimal-chic vibe. So when we spotted the two-toned sandals on Chapel Hill, North Carolina-based Lark Home/Apparel’s Instagram we were instantly hooked.
4. Sometimes you just can’t resist statement seating, and this Regency style settee with black lacquered finish and gilded accents from Palm Beach, Florida’s James & Jeffrey Antiques is one of those moments. The stunning piece measures 34.5” high by 39.5” wide by 25” deep.
5. “Effortless cool” is our summer style M.O., and the clean lines, chic stripes, and gorgeous texture of this handbag spotted on New Orleans, Louisiana-based Pilot and Powell’s Instagram make it a perfect fit for the season.
6. We’re captivated by the beauty and soulfulness of this zebra painting by Palm Beach, Florida-based Sean Rush. The lovely way the light is captured and the animal’s quiet yet penetrating gaze make it a truly unforgettable piece.
7. Just because we said we were drawn to simple pleasures this week doesn’t mean we’re immune to show-stopping jewelry. The details in the design of this estate ring featuring a 2.29-carat diamond surrounded by onyx and carnelian available from Croghan’s Jewel Box in Charleston, South Carolina, are absolutely dreamy.