For centuries we have decorated our homes with nature’s best — organic and natural elements that have a universal appeal. Imparting a sense of calm and peace, this trend brings the outdoors in, in both expected and surprising ways. Here we showcase a few of our favorite rooms and products, beginning with the above inspiring image from Washington, DC-based Zoe Feldman Design, who plays off of the wooden beams with bamboo roman shades, leather furniture, and wooden coffee table, further unifying the outdoors and interior.
The unique light fixture wows in this sunroom by Zoe Feldman Design, based out of Washington, D.C. But the wooden beams and bamboo roman shades further unify the outdoors and interior.
Photography by Alyssa Rosenheck
This all-white bedroom, styled by Sean Anderson in Memphis, TN, is anchored by a gorgeous natural bed. The organic elements are played out with a fiddle leaf fig, grasses, pottery and wooden keepsakes.
Get the Look
- MiniMikado suspension light available for purchase from Pallette & Parlor in Chapel Hill, North Carolina.
- Vintage bamboo chair available for purchase from Revival in Chattanooga, Tennessee.
- A woven Abaca ottoman or coffee table available for purchase from Hive, Home, Gift & Garden in West Palm Beach, Florida.
- Custom wicker tea cart console table available upon request from Rooms & Gardens.
- Pair of Hollywood Regency style iconic Emmanuel peacock chairs available for purchase from D&G Antiques in Palm Beach, Florida.
- Hans Wegner CH25 Lounge Chair available for purchase from Pallette & Parlor in Chapel Hill, North Carolina.
- Basket chair available for purchase from SumemrHouse in Ridgeland, Mississippi.
- Oaks woven rattan and natural rope core pendant light available for purchase online from A Custom Home in Austin, Texas.
- Nyasa rattan frame chair with pencil pole rattan weave available for purchase online from A Custom Home in Austin, Texas.
- Rattan mirrors available for purchase from SummerHouse in Ridgeland, Mississippi.