Why Locals Love the Windsor Court
Travel + Leisure readers just voted the Windsor Court the best New Orleans hotel. We couldn’t be more proud of our hometown gem, and we have long loved this locally owned institution. We’ve rounded up all the reasons why we (and clearly lots of other locals, too!) love the Windsor Court:
1. It’s an urban retreat from the chaos of the city. Located just steps from the French Quarter, you can have the action when you want it and you can escape from it when you don’t.
2. Once you’re on the property, you really don’t have to leave. That’s why locals love checking themselves in for a staycation. With the pool, spa, room service, club lounge, tea, Polo Club Lounge, and The Grill Room providing a dining experience like nowhere else in the city, it makes it the perfect getaway from New Orleans without having to leave home.
3. Waterman Poolside Bar is now open seven days a week. They greet you with a towel and water service and then you’re left to enjoy a day in the sun while sipping on a variety of craft beers, frozen beverages, or fine wines. I love sitting poolside because you always end up making friends with another group or run into friends.
4. The spa is top-notch, and the locals discount at the spa gives you 20% off Monday – Thursday, plus access to the pool and fitness center. From Lord Jones to Augustinus Bader, the products they use will leave you the most relaxed you can be in this wild and wonderful city.
5. The staff remember you and greet you like family. That’s because many of them, including General Manager Ralph Mahana, have grown up in the city and hotel, just like you.
6. It is the most festive place to be for the holidays. Tea in Le Salon is a tradition for so many families, and a photo-op in front of the always-gorgeous-and-grand Christmas tree is a must.
7. The club level is top notch. From afternoon tea to early morning breakfast and happy hour in between, it’s a great place to gather for a little down time.
8. The Grill Room is doing something like nowhere else in the city. Artful presentations with the finest of ingredients, such as Linz Heritage Beef and legendary Hokkaido Snow Beef from the Chateau Uenae Lake Farm in Japan; I can’t wait to experience it and report back. P.S. For those who love reality TV, Chef Igor was just named the winner of Food Network’s television show, Supermarket Stakeout.
9. It makes a great gift. While enjoying the pool the other day, we picked up a gift certificate for a friend who we know will love a visit to their spa. For more about their offerings for guests of all ages, read here.
10. Local musician Robin Barnes plays in the Polo Club Lounge.
11. Diptyque is Windsor Court’s toiletries brand. The heavenly scents are nearly enough to warrant a visit all by themselves.
12. The Scout Guide New Orleans can be found in-room to help you plan your time in New Orleans! We are so grateful to the hotel for their support of so many local businesses.
13. The roses greet you upon arrival. The iconic rose arrangement in the lobby is a hallmark of the Windsor Court, and it is beautifully cared for by local florist Dunn & Sonnier, who oversees the rest of the florals for the hotel.
14. Room service; need we say more? The banana pancakes are to die for.
15. They leave a praline on the bed at turndown. A decidedly Southern twist on the traditional mint on your pillow.
16. The pet program allows you to bring your furry friend. No need to call the dog sitter when the Windsor Court welcomes four-legged guests.
Congratulations to the Windsor Court on this exciting recognition from Travel + Leisure. Plan a visit soon to enjoy all the things locals love about the Windsor Court, and don’t forget to tell them Scout sent you!