The Scouted New Orleans Wedding Guide
After a subdued couple of years, weddings are back in full swing, so we have put together our Scouted New Orleans Wedding Guide with everything you need to know for your upcoming nuptials. From the registry to the rehearsal dinner, florals to food, enlist these Scouted professionals when it’s time to say “I do.” (Our advice? These recommended businesses are the best in the city no matter what kind of party you’re throwing, so bookmark this page to make quick work of planning your next celebration.)
1. Brennan’s holds elegant receptions in their multiple dining areas, including their courtyard which can be tented.
2. Sully Mansion is an old Victorian-style mansion nestled in the Garden District, perfect for an intimate, classic New Orleans wedding.
3. Ralph’s on the Park is perfectly situated on City Park and has a lovely and spacious upstairs area for rehearsal dinners or receptions.
4. La Petite Grocery is a destination for foodies, where your rehearsal dinner or a smaller wedding reception dinner features food from James Beard Award-winning chef Justin Devillier.
5. Justine is a spirited option for rehearsal dinners in the French Quarter for those embracing the revelry of the city and the occasion.
6. Backatown Coffee hosts beautiful bridal showers.
7. Napoleon House, one of our city’s most historic venues, has a second floor dedicated to creating grand affairs. Balcony included!
8. Fire House Loft for something intimate. It is also a great venue for a bachelor’s party or a rehearsal dinner.
9. Rooftop on Basin for a spectacular view of the city.
10. Cole Pratt Gallery is ideal for a rehearsal dinner with a colorful backdrop.
11. Messina’s at the Terminal for an Art Deco vibe.
Venues with Accommodations for Out-of-Town Guests
1. Windsor Court offers spacious (and newly renovated) ballrooms on the top floors of this iconic, locally owned hotel with a great city backdrop. It is located downtown within walking distance of the French Quarter, and it is the perfect spot to host your guests.
2. The Chloe has scenic views of St. Charles Avenue, and it is a great place for your out-of-town guests because they can hop on the streetcar to get around town.
3. The Ritz-Carlton, New Orleans has ballrooms, but our insider tip is that you may want to consider their Residence Suite for the reception.
1. Perspectives Travel specializes in designing luxury travel experiences that are authentic and immersive. Owner Amina Dearmon works with the best in the travel industry to deliver superb service and unrivaled access—everything you could want when planning the honeymoon of your dreams.
2. Philip James Travel works hard to ensure that your vacations are memorable and experiential. Philip has traveled to over 20 different countries, which has afforded him connections with many of the most respected travel suppliers in the industry, so if you are looking for something off the beaten path for your honeymoon, contact Philip.
1. Ken Friend of Friend & Company can help you with custom, antique, and new engagement rings. Friend & Company is known for custom designs that strike the perfect balance between personal touch, distinctive look, and expert design.
2. Special New Orleans-themed groomsmen ties can be sourced from Nola Couture.
3. An initial pillow from B. Viz Design makes a memorable ring bearer pillow.
4. The Scout Guide New Orleans is the consummate welcome gift for out-of-towners navigating the city during their stay.
5. Kinfolk Brass Band will give you an unforgettable second line!
Wedding Planning & Decor
1. Iris & Oak Events for event planning. Owner Caroline Broussard believes in building a genuine connection with her clients so that she can make their wedding the most memorable.
2. The floral and wedding specialists team at The Plant Gallery works with you every step of the way to ensure that you have the floral arrangements of your dreams on your big day.
3. Eglantine Rose Press designs unique and extremely detailed invitations.
4. Dunn & Sonnier’s owner Stephen Sonnier helps brides think outside the box when it comes to their bridal bouquet.
5. Paul Morse for wedding photography, because he is able to capture real emotion in his photography which creates beautiful wedding photos.
6. The Graceful Host – balloon decor, party supplies, party planning. Need we say more?
7. Poured Bayeaux – Hedgewalls and more!
1. Patti Constantin is best known for her Designs in Catering business featuring decadent and artistic displays of fresh and locally sourced ingredients, but Patti can manage everything from event coordination to flowers for your big day, making her a one-stop shop.
2. Bittersweet Confections has years of experience in designing, creating, and delivering wedding cakes. They make your cake vision come to life!
3. Snacx creates amazing grazing tables for weddings.
4. Messina’s Catering & Events is known for their award-winning cuisine, attention to detail, and excellent customer service.
1. JADE carries brands such as Beatriz Ball, Nest Fragrances, Juliska, and Badash. Owner Jennifer Rabalais’ favorite for a registry is Montes Doggett!
2. Hilltop Shoppe offers a registry for everything from serverware to linens to their unique collection of colorful barware.
1. Davenport Lounge is a jazz bar where you can enjoy a late night drink and music by Jeremy Davenport.
2. KreweCar can transport your guests around town, providing car seats if needed so even the youngest guests can ride safely.
Pre-Wedding & Wedding Day Beauty
1. GOODFACE for a pre-wedding facial, lash extensions, or brow tint that will help you feel extra beautiful for your wedding.
2. Shop for all of your wedding attire at 6 Boutiques You Should Know About.
3. Tisa Camet for makeup because she knows how to enhance your natural beauty.
4. Casie Callieout has the magic touch when it comes to hair.
Still looking for love? We’ve Scouted that, too. Ann Parnes, Owner and Matchmaker at Match Made in NOLA has been bringing couples together since 2017, and she can help you find Mr. or Mrs. Right.
Know a New Orleans business that we need to scout? Nominate your favorite for consideration.