MEET THE MEMBER: OLIVIA STOUTENBURG
Olivia Stoutenburg and her mother, Pamela Jarman, own Giggles, a wonderful children’s boutique here in Hattiesburg! She is also a mom to four girls. Read below about she got involved with the store and the reasons she loves Hattiesburg!
How did you arrive in Hattiesburg?
My family moved from Laurel to Hattiesburg when I was 16 years old, and it’s been home ever since.
How and why did you start your business in Hattiesburg?
I was an educator for 7 years before deciding to give the stay-at-home-mom role my best shot. However, I soon learned I can’t sit still for too long. My mom and I went shopping at Giggles one day, and the owner asked if we would be interested in owning a boutique. I immediately thought, “How fun would that be?!” We took over ownership of Giggles in February 2020, but Giggles has been a Hattiesburg staple for 10+ years. And we’re hoping for 10+ more!
What are some spring trends you are seeing for children right now?
Pastels have been a big springtime color this year, and we’re here for it! We have the most precious backpacks from Apple of my Isla. We’re obsessed! We’re also gearing up for fall. We’re picking up some new brands, one of which is The Proper Peony. We can’t wait!
You can shop online HERE.
Now for a list of some of your local favorites!:
1. Thing about Hattiesburg: the people
2. Neighborhood: I love the old houses on the avenues!
3. Place to shop: Art Cetera
4. Place for lunch: T-bones / order – Evil Twin
5. Place for a special night out: Sully’s
6. Comfort food: Movie Star Restaurant
7. International cuisine: La Mexicana Taqueria
8. Hangout: Original Keg & Barrel
9. Coffee shop / coffee order: Java Moe’s / order: turtle, hot, no whip
10. Event: Live @ Five
11. Day trip: the Zoo
12. Place to take a dip: splash pad at the Zoo
13. Outdoor adventure: exploring the Longleaf trace
14. Place to get pampered: Nails 4 U
15. Place for a drink: Java Moe’s – give me all the caffeine!
Stop by Giggles for their adorable spring arrivals and don’t forget to tell them The Scout Guide sent you!
Photos by: Shea Gibson Photography