MEET THE MEMBER: ANNA RUSH | RUSH LAW FIRM
Photos by Lauren and Alexis Photo
Anna Rush is a Hattiesburg native and is the Founding Partner of Rush Law Firm. She graduated from Mississippi State University then attended The University of Mississippi for law school. From there she worked in Washington D.C., then came back home to Hattiesburg to be closer to family. She did not know she would start her own firm when she got home, but she is so happy she did and happy to be back in Hattiesburg!
Rush Law Firm specializes in practices such as divorce and family law, litigation, criminal law, and business formation. I got to sit down and chat with Anna to get to know more about her, her firm, and her local favorites.
Tell us how and why you started your business here.
After working for other people, I decided to give working for myself a try. Looking back it was on a bit of a whim, but it has been a blessing ever since. I wanted to set out to do a women owned business that was just as much about my team as it was taking care of the clients. We value family in our office. Starting a women owned business, I wanted to make sure family was at the forefront not just for the clients but for the staff as well.
Now for a list of your local favorites:
1. Thing about Hattiesburg: My weekends. Live at Five, Southern Prohibition for snacks and drinks, breakfast at The Depot, gardening in my historic house downtown, going to antique stores and The Lucky Rabbit for things I “don’t need”
2. Neighborhood: The Oaks downtown
3. Place to shop: UAL
4. Place for lunch: The Depot or Coney Island
5. Place for a special night out: Southern Prohibition or Keg & Barrell
6. Comfort food: Bagels and lox at South Bound toasted twice
7. International cuisine: Jutamas
8. Coffee shop / coffee order: T Bones dirty chai latte extra dirty depending on how late I had to work the night before
10. Event: Downtown Crawfish Jam
11. Day trip: Ocean Springs – The Walter Anderson Museum
12. Outdoor adventure: Chain Park
14. Place to get pampered: Lotus Spa for massages and Ruby Nails
15. Place for a drink: Mahogany Bar patio
Visit Rush Law Firm’s website HERE, and be on the lookout for them in Volume 1 of The Scout Guide Hattiesburg!