Celebrating Women's Small Business Month: Emily Miller of 317 Charcuterie
Feature photo by Whitney Moore Photography.
Happy Women’s Small Business Month to all the incredible female-owned businesses in Hamilton County. While we believe in celebrating and supporting them all year long, let’s show them some extra love this month. Go follow them, leave a rave review, buy their products—and remember to tell them The Scout Guide sent you!
This week, we’re celebrating Women’s Small Business Month with Emily Miller of 317 Charcuterie.
Emily started 317 Charcuterie in July of 2021. Her love of and experience with charcuterie, her 13 years in the food service industry, and her longtime desire to start her own business all combined to create 317 Charcuterie. Emily and her team serve both Carmel and the surrounding areas. They seek to bring high quality, beautiful boards, and grazing tables, as well as top-notch customer service. As a small business, they are also invested in seeking out ways to support our fellow small, local business owners in the Indy community.
Hamilton County Female-Owned Favorites
- Favorite Boutique: Lux and Ivy (@luxandivyshop)
- Favorite wellness/aesthetics spa: Society of Beauty (@insocietyofbeauty)
- Favorite medical professional: Brookschool Road Veterinary Clinic/Fishers Veterinary Hospital (there’s also a Carmel location)
- Favorite fitness professional: Kinsey Werner (@kcampfit)
- Favorite non-profit: Second Helpings
- Favorite coffee shop: Rose & Lois (@roseandlois)
- Favorite home professional: The Simple Life (@thesimplelifeindy)
- Favorite professional services: Shelby Jane Photography (@shelby_jane_photography)
Other Local, Female-Owned Businesses:
- Fishers Flower Farm (@fishersflowerfarm)
- Loop Permanent Jewelry (@loop.indy)
- Blue House Bridal (@bluehousebridal )
- Party with the Pink Elephant (@partywiththepinkelephant)
- Abby’s Garden Parties (@abbysgardenparties)
- Povlin Films (@povlin.films)
- Mae Bloom (@maebloom_)
- Sage and Bloom (@sageandbloomco)
- 317 Home (@317homestudio)
- The Sixpence (@the_sixpence)
- Designs by Dom (@designs.bydom)… and of course, The Scout Guide Hamilton Co.!!
Who is a woman business owner who inspires you and why?
- Literally, all of them I listed previously. Being a woman in business, and starting a small business in general, is so tough! It’s so great to be able to encourage one another. All of the women listed above have encouraged me in my business journey in some way whether they know it or not. Seeing women working towards personal success day in and day out, sacrificing in the short term to gain in the long term, being generous & kind, PLUS balancing & creating boundaries with family life inspires me constantly. It’s truly no small feat and I’d be utterly defeated without their encouragement and inspiration.