Thanks to March staying true to its “out like a lamb” reputation, we’re finally ready to embrace spring styles and embark on a wardrobe transition whole heartedly. To help us round out our spring closets, we checked in with TSG: Charlotte stylist ERICA HANKS to find out which fashion trends she’s excited about for the upcoming season. Here are her chic selections, along with our tips for how to get the look from within the TSG network:
1. White in spring is a welcomed palette cleanser from dreary winter, but white doesn’t mean boring. With white, it’s all about the details, like in this Etoile Isabel Marant top. Get the look this Tibi Mateo crochet apron top from Hampden Clothing in Charleston, South Carolina.
2. Everyone needs a go-to flat for spring, and while flip flops and sneakers are a safe route, Aquazzura lace up flats can be worn with literally everything in your closet and will elevate your casual look from good to amazing. This is my must have flat for the season. Get the look with these Sophia Webster Rousseau Jungle Flats from Marissa Collections in Naples, Florida.
3. Culottes are one of those wardrobe items that people think they can’t pull off, but you really can depending on what you wear with them. Tibi seems to have mastered the culotte cut, and the origami pleat details (with pockets!) in a soft blue are perfection for a day or evening look. Get the look with these Tome cropped trousers from Mimi in New Orleans, Louisiana.
4. From Dolce & Gabbana to DVF, gingham was infused throughout the runways for spring, and it’s a fresh print that can be found in a variety of colors and pattern size. The gingham poplin top from Studio Nicholson can be paired with pencil skirts, your favorite skinnies, shorts, skirts, and even flares. And the cinched waist silhouette keeps your shape. Get the look with this Dolce & Gabbana cropped check shirt from Capitol in Charlotte, North Carolina.
5. Shirt dresses come in so many cuts, patterns, and styles, you’re bound to find an easy, breezy one perfect for you. The Victoria Beckham suede shirt dress is a classic cut but updated in a beautiful orange suede—a good color for a variety of accessory and shoe combinations. Get the look with a crisp, blue-and-white striped layered button-down shirt dress by 10 Crosby from Roan in Richmond, Virginia.
6. Military style has become seasonless, so I love finding unexpected ways to wear it within my wardrobe. I love this Marc by Marc Jacobs military-inspired skirt with oversized pockets and flared silhouette, which can be worn super casual with a tank top and flats or casual chic with a feminine blouse and jacket. Get the look with a Labo Art Spiana Dress from Scarpa in Charlottesville, Virginia.
7. Fringe is a really fun trend that adds a whimsy folk vibe to your look. Designers have fringe from shoes to coats for spring, and this will continue into the fall. A fringe accessory, like this Marni bag, is a versatile item that can be worn with so many different wardrobe combinations for day and night. Get the look with the Marni Pouchette Wristlet (shown above) from Marissa Collections in Naples, Florida.
Erica Hanks is a wardrobe stylist whose work extends beyond her group of professionals, athletes, and well-known men and women across the country to commercial and editorial wardrobe styling for corporate companies, national campaigns, catalogs, TV segments and magazines. Her personal clients have been featured in national and international media outlets such as The Huffington Post, Vogue TV, Marie Claire, and the UK’s Daily Mail. Erica lives in Charlotte, NC, with her husband and children.