Sometimes the most prized presents aren’t found under the tree. That’s why, in addition to our 2015 Holiday Gift Guide, we’ve created guides to creative giving that we’ll be rolling out over the next few weeks. Here, we offer out-of-the-box ideas for that special someone on your list who loves to spend time improving their surroundings. We hope you’ll be inspired to engage a local expert to create a one-of-a-kind item or experience for someone special on your list!
1. A transformative awning. For the person who enjoys sprucing up their home’s exterior, a custom awning could very well be the way to go. Houston’s Baldridge Landscape designs stunning awnings and upholstery for outdoor spaces that will be appreciated for years to come.
2. A one-of-a-kind coop. Chic chicken dwellings are all the rage. For the backyard bird enthusiast in your life, a custom chicken coop is an ideal gift. Charlottesville-based Architect Bethany Puopolo designed an enviable abode for TSG co-founder Christy Ford’s chicks, and they’re the happiest birds in town.
3. A peony paradise. When it comes to our favorite flowers, peonies are definitely in the running for the top spot, and we know plenty of other people share that affection. Bernardsville, New Jersey-based Peony’s Envy offers a wide variety of the gorgeous plants that are sure to delight—just be sure to order by December 15 to ship in time for the holidays!
4. A charming garden shed. Could someone on your gift list use a stylish storage space, a pretty pool house, or a small studio? Hillbrook Collections makes beautiful bespoke garden houses that are wonderful additions to any property, and they’ll deliver the handcrafted shed directly to the site.
5. A custom treehouse. For the child who wants a place to get away—or a clubhouse to plot their next adventure—a fully customized treehouse by Greenville, South Carolina-based TreeHugger Tree Homes is the perfect present. Thanks to the owners’ focus on sustainability, the project is as nature-friendly as it is pure fun.
6. A dream pool. For the person who has everything, consider giving the gift of designing their dream pool. Austin-based Design Ecology creates absolutely stunning swimming pool installations that are also ecologically sound.
7. A year of planters. Lucky gift recipients in the Philadelphia area can enjoy beautiful blooms year-round thanks to Enliven Planters, who will conduct an in-home design consultation and then refill the planters each season. Elegant doorsteps without the effort? Yes, please.
To find an expert in your area, consult your local TSG city guide.
Get more stories like this delivered directly to your inbox. Sign up to receive The Scouted Life newsletter HERE.