Ashley McNabb's Must Have Winter Beauty
Scouted Expert and professional makeup artist, Ashley McNabb of Ashley McNabb Artistry recently dropped us a line to remind us that our closets aren’t the only things in need of an upgrade come colder weather. No matter your skin type, winter months are undeniably the time of year to “bring on the extra hydration,” she reiterates via email.
To help us – and more importantly you, fellow Fort Worthian – adjust your skincare for harsher weather, here are Ashley’s nine favorite products to add to your winter beauty + skincare rotation…
1. Velvet Orchid Fragrance by Tom Ford | Winter-time is a great time to experiment with some deeper notes when it comes to fragrance. Velvet Orchid by Tom Ford is an old faithful for sure!
2. Multi-Stick for Cheeks (& Lips) by ILIA | For the past few years I’ve bounced back-and-forth between recommending a cream versus powder blush. This one is great for the season – an effortless glow while you are on the go! My favorite shade is “Tenderly.”
3. Kissu Lip Mask by Tatcha | Kiss Dry Lips Goodbye with this great product!
4. Body Lotion by Necessaire | This is a cult fave for a reason! Super luxurious and packed with antioxidants.
5. Skin Twin Creamy Concealer by BeautyCounter | It’s lightweight and not super heavy but does the job. It fights fatigue and any dryness with nice, buildable coverage.
6. FutureDew Oil Serum by Glossier | This is a current favorite shortcut to a full skincare routine. It offers an instant dewy glow that lasts all day, is very nourishing but never heavy.
7. Luminous Foundation CC Cream by IT Cosmetics | One tube lasts forever and still my go-to when it comes to foundation with essential SPF!
8. Bronzing Powder by Bobbi Brown | If you’re like me and still want a sunkissed look during the winter months, this is the product for you! Pro tip: Make sure you apply to the forehead, cheekbones and jawline, taking a little down the center of your neck. Blend, blend, blend!
9. HydroMATE Refillable Half-Gallon | Last but certainly not least, water! Make sure to drink lots of water – this huge bottle helps me keep track.
For a personal consultation and/or custom beauty bag makeover, reach out to our favorite scouted expert, Ashley McNabb by phone at 817-808-7403.