Dine Like a Local Contest
Scout Guide Triad Local Restaurant Contest
Rules and Conditions
This contest will take place in two phases. The first phase is the “nomination” phase wherein individuals on Instagram, Facebook, and LinkedIn will be able to nominate their favorite restaurants around the Triad. The second phase will be the top nominees from each city. The top nominees list will be based on the top nominees from the individual platforms of Instagram, Facebook, and LinkedIn and the finalists for this phase will consist of the top 10-15 restaurants* from each city.
Three restaurants** from the Triad will be selected – one each from High Point/Jamestown, Greensboro, and Winston-Salem. The three winning restaurants will share a complimentary ad in the next Volume of The Scout Guide Triad that will be released in September 2023. This will include a creative consultation and a professional photo shoot at the restaurant location, as well as full Scout social media coverage for a year and invitations to our exclusive social events throughout the Guide year.
The Individual who wins the random drawing will receive $1000 to the scouted businesses of your choice. This will include $100 each to the three winning restaurants and the remaining $700 may be split between up to four (4) different businesses from The Scout Guide Triad Volume 8.
Phase 1, the nominations phase, will run from Friday, March 10th through Thursday, March 16th. Phase 2, the finalists phase, will run Friday, March 17th through Thursday, March 23rd. Both the individual winner and the winning restaurants will be announced via social media on Friday, March 24th.
Links to Applicable Social Media Accounts:
Individual Contest Rules:
(1) You may nominate as many different restaurants as you wish, but you may not submit more than five separate entries for any one restaurant during the nominations phase.
(2) For the nomination phase, you will need to do the following to have your vote counted:
(A) Like and follow The Scout Guide Triad on the specific social media platform and
(B) Vote for at least one restaurant in the comments section.
(3) For additional entry opportunities during the nominations phase, you can do the following and each method of participation will give you another entry into the contest:
(A) Share the contest post to your Story
(B) Like and follow The Scout Guide Triad on any of the following platforms (Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn) along with an additional restaurant nomination
(C) Tag friends to participate in the contest on the individual platforms.
(4) For the contest phase, you will need to need to fill out the Google Form on our Linktree (accessible via our profile) in order to vote for your favorite restaurants. You are able to select one restaurant from each town during this phase. On this form, we will ask for your name and email so that we can notify the winner; we will not use this information for anything else (if you weren’t getting our newsletter before, you won’t suddenly have it in your inbox, and we certainly would never sell your information to anyone else!).
(4) In order to qualify for the $1000 prize, you have to participate in both the nomination and the contest phase with at least one restaurant selection in each phase.
(1) In order to qualify for an ad in our Volume 9 Guide, you must agree to accept the nomination and participate in the contest once you are notified that you are a finalist.
(2) We would appreciate you sharing the post about the contest, encouraging your followers to participate in the contest, and any other types of support you might like to offer for the contest.
* The number of finalists is subject to change based on nomination volume for each town.
** To qualify as a restaurant for purposes of this contest, the business must have a “brick and mortar” physical location in the Triad. While we love our local caterers, private chefs, and food trucks, those businesses are not the focus of this particular contest.