10 Summer Travel Essentials
Right now everyone seems to be in trip-planning mode, from spur-of-the-moment weekend getaways to weeklong vacations to desirable destinations. Whether your plans involve Global Entry or a slightly extended car ride, packing the right items so you’ll be prepared to fully enjoy your excursion is a must. To help, we rounded up ten essentials that will have you sightseeing in style.
- Gold and diamond studs available from Amanda Pinson Jewelry in Chattanooga, TN. These stunners will have you looking polished whether you’re dressed up or down.
- HARSHMAN ‘Augusta’ white shirt available from Patricia Finds in Pinehurst, NC. A great white shirt is a year-round uniform staple, and it’s just as valuable to your wardrobe while you’re away. Throw it on to look smart while out and about, or pair it with comfortable layers (see next suggestion) for a stylish travel ensemble.
- Printed cashmere ‘Elizabeth’ shawl available from TSG Equestrian’s Rani Arabella. We all know the importance of having a warm shawl on a plane, but this piece is also perfect for throwing on over bare shoulders during an evening spent outside.
- No. 6 Collection ‘Front Seam Slide on Platform’ available from Sunroom in Austin, TX. Comfortable and chic, these neutral slides go with practically everything, making them ideal for when you’re trying to conserve suitcase space.
- Closed denim ‘Starlet’ jeans available from Souchi in Aspen, CO. A great pair of jeans are a must wherever you’re going, and this pair projects a laid-back yet sophisticated vibe.
- SPEKTRE ‘Stardust’ sunglasses available from Vermillion in Raleigh, NC. Obviously you’re not going to leave home without sunnies. If you only have room for one pair, you can’t go wrong with these classic frames.
- Suntegrity unscented natural sunscreen SPF 30 available from The Bluebird Apothecary in Miami, FL. Nothing puts a damper on a day out sightseeing than worrying about getting sunburned. Unscented, free of chemicals, and great for children and adults, this sunscreen comes in a travel-friendly 3-ounce tube so you can keep it in your bag at all times.
- My Name Is Lucy Barton by Elizabeth Strout (signed copy) available from Oxford Exchange in Tampa Bay. Having a great book to read while on the plane or on the beach makes us feel instantly more relaxed. This tome, by the author of the Pulitzer Prize-winning Olive Kitteredge, is at the top of our to-read pile.
- Lizzie Fortunato passport case in ‘Trippin’ available from Hampden in Charleston, SC. The customs experience might just be a bit more pleasant with this personality-infused passport case.
- Rag & Bone ‘Flight Tote’ available from A Line Boutique in Denver, CO. Sleek, perforated, and oh so chic, this bag is ready to go the distance.