About TSG Two Rivers and The Shore Editors Cricket Sampson and Saragh de Laszlo:
Cricket Sampson is originally from Gainesville, Florida. She moved to the New Jersey area with her husband, where they raised their two boys. Prior to being a full-time homemaker, Cricket enjoyed an exciting career in advertising, working for Redbook Magazine and Ladies Home Journal. Cricket decided to start The Scout Guide in her community because she wanted to find a fun and creative way to promote local businesses. She loves discovering new local treasures and meeting new people. In her free time, Cricket enjoys sailing with her family and traveling to new places.
Saragh de Laszlo is a true Two Rivers native. She was raised in the wonderful community of Rumson, New Jersey, is a Rumson Fair Haven Regional High School alumna, and graduated summa cum laude with a dual degree in accounting and finance from Monmouth University. She enjoyed four exciting years in the finance world of Manhattan before returning to her roots and finding her calling as Co-Editor of The Scout Guide Two Rivers and The Shore.
Saragh has admired TSG since its inception. Therefore, when the opportunity arose to join Cricket Sampson as Co-Editor, Saragh jumped in with both feet! Saragh loves the fact that this unique position combines her business experience with a creative outlet. She has especially enjoyed developing a strong social media brand and presence that has allowed the beautiful book and region to be shared with an even wider audience.
During the summer months, Saragh loves to spend time at the beach, whether sneaking away to read a great book or entertaining friends and family with a delicious barbecue under the stars. She has always been an avid traveler and particularly enjoys visiting her English family across the pond. She looks forward to continuing her education as a part-time student at the New York School of Interior Design.
Cricket’s Three Favorite Reasons to Visit Two Rivers and The Shore:
- The water. “I love spending as much time out on the water as I can! From sailing to relaxing at the beach, the summer months are filled with opportunities to explore the water at the Shore.”
- Culture. “The Two Rivers area has fabulous theaters, galleries, and restaurants.”
- Shopping. “We have a great community of local boutiques and artisans.”
Saragh’s Three Favorite Reasons to Visit Two Rivers and The Shore:
- The great outdoors. “While we are famous for our gorgeous coastline, don’t forget about our stunning wetlands and wooded state parks. From autumn leaf peeping to sunset sails on the Navesink River, we make any excuse we can to get outside and take in the natural beauty!”
- Unique coastal charm. “Each and every shore community has its own distinct personality and charm. From Spring Lake’s stunning Victorian architecture to Red Bank’s bustling Broad Street, we recommend exploring the fabulous shopping and culture that makes each town truly special.”
- The Garden State. “From our local sandwich shops to our finest restaurants, our community values excellent food and local produce. Farm stands and delicious gourmet shops proudly showcase their top-notch local products and culinary inventions. You will not go home hungry!”
Words Cricket Lives By:
“We didn’t lose the game, we just ran out of time.” –Vince Lombardi
Words Saragh Lives By:
As my great grandmother always said, “Love many, trust few, and always paddle your own canoe!”