About TSG Miami Editor Meredith Murray Kallaher
In 2012, Meredith moved to Miami with her husband and three young children from Dallas, Texas, where she was born and spent most of her life. Meredith documented her family’s transition to The Magic City with a widely read blog, “Meredith in Miami.” There, she wrote about exploring her new city and testing “the best ways to meet new people in Miami.”
Meredith graduated from the University of Mississippi with a degree in accounting, and then spent almost seven years with PricewaterhouseCoopers in the Memphis, Dallas, and Zurich offices. Working for a “Big 4” accounting firm taught Meredith many things, but maybe most importantly that she enjoys working with people more than financial reports. Post-PricewaterhouseCoopers, she brought her business skills to the not-for-profit arena, where she worked in fundraising and event management. In 2014, Meredith was introduced to The Scout Guide, and with the success of her blog and her sales and business experience, it was a match made in heaven.
When she’s not scouting, Meredith enjoys running, reading, cooking, and traveling. More often than not, you can find her playing with her family in the water, either on the shores at the beach, by boat on Biscayne Bay, or in the pool in the back yard.
Meredith’s Favorite Reasons to Visit Miami:
- The Natural Beauty. “The Southern tip of Florida, which includes Miami, has the only tropical climate on the continental United States. That means the beauty we see outdoors all year long looks like nowhere else in the country. Everyone should play on our white, sandy beaches on both Miami Beach and Key Biscayne, and see the beautiful trees—not just the palm trees but also the banyan, royal Poinciana, and mango trees.”
- The Art. “Miami is home to the largest contemporary art show in the United States: Art Basel. During the first week of December, art galleries from all over the world ship gorgeous art to Miami for Basel and 30 other shows that open around the city during that same week. But if you can’t make it in December, it’s still worth the trip to visit one of our many fabulous art museums and galleries. Don’t miss the Wynwood art district, which is one of the largest street art districts in the world!”
- The Nightlife. “Even if you do not want to try one of the many gorgeous night clubs that open their doors at midnight, you’ll find something amazing to do after dark in Miami. Our restaurant choices go on and on, and we also have fantastic theaters and performance venues. Plus, the beach is fantastic at night, perfect for romantic walks or night paddle boarding!”
- The Miami Pioneers: “It seems if someone dreams it, we try it first in Miami. New restaurant concepts, exercise crazes, international flagship stores, art exhibits, and festivals all come to Miami first. If you’re interested in what’s hot or on the cutting edge, you will find someone trying it out in our city!”
- The People of Miami: “Miami is very diverse. Everyone you meet has a story, and if you just take a moment to introduce yourself, they will be happy to share it.”
Words Meredith Lives By:
“I realized this week that I just cannot do it all. So I will choose to do what I can, fabulously.” —Clinton Kelly