The Scout Guide was launched in 2010 in Charlottesville, Virginia, and has since expanded to more than 60 locations nationwide. At our headquarters in Charlottesville, our national team designs and produces TSG city guides; creates content for thescoutguide.com and TSG national’s social media platforms; and provides ongoing support for our local editors.
START YOUR OWN GUIDE
We are currently in more than 60 markets nationwide, and we are always looking to launch TSG in new cities. If you are a self-starter who is passionate about your community, you could be our next Editor. Learn more here.
Freelance Editorial Curator
The Scout Guide is searching for a freelance editorial curator to develop posts for our national audience. The ideal candidate has knowledge of and interest in trends within the TSG network in the design and fashion categories and knows how to conceptualize and deliver a compelling visual article. He or she will be able to put those skills to work and help drive our content creation goals and initiatives.
A successful candidate will have a knack for curating images and topics from fashion, interiors, and architecture, weaving them into a captivating visual story. Imagery and overall concept should appeal to a discerning audience in a way that elevates the subject matter to a heightened taste level.
- Delivers complete articles, typically consisting of 10-20 final images/ products, complete with captions and corresponding links to TSG businesses/ product detail pages.
- Works with the Editorial Director and creative team to develop compelling topics and complete assignments.
- Finds and manipulates images to fit within TSG’s size specifications and company guidelines to achieve our overall look.
- Delivers high-quality content while meeting tight deadlines.
- 3+ years of professional design experience, preferably in a fashion, style, or home related-field
- Strong conceptualization and storytelling skills
- Excellent organization and time management
- Experience working in a CMS/blog platform
- Sophisticated visual sensibility
- Flexible, self-starting attitude
- Close attention to detail
- Creative, collaborative, and deadline-driven
- Proficient in Photoshop
- Candidate can work remotely.
- Expected start date: April 2017
- This is a freelance position. Assignments will be distributed on a project basis.
Please send resume, cover letter, and three examples of your past work (links are fine) to careers[at]thescoutguide.