The Scout Guide was launched in 2010 in Charlottesville, Virginia, and has since expanded to more than 60 locations nationwide. At our headquarters in Charlottesville, our national team designs and produces TSG city guides; creates content for thescoutguide.com and TSG national’s social media platforms; and provides ongoing support for our local editors.
START YOUR OWN GUIDE
We are currently in more than 60 markets nationwide, and we are always looking to launch TSG in new cities. If you are a self-starter who is passionate about your community, you could be our next Editor. Learn more here.
The Scout Guide is looking for a Photoshop Freelancer to edit images for print advertisements to be distributed across 60 markets nationwide. The Photoshop Freelancer will work hand-in-hand with our in-house graphic design team on an as-needed basis. Responsibilities include: completing vanity touchups and making both moderate and significant adjustments to ensure photos meet brand standards for print. Photoshop needs include:
- Expected Vanity Touchups
- Face Contouring/smoothing
- Wrinkles on clothing
- Cleaning up floors
- Color and facial shadow correcting when shot in harsh indoor lighting
- Moderate Adjustments
- Removing lamp posts/signs
- Switching faces
- Changing colors of objects/walls
- Removing photographer from reflection
- Excessive clothing wrinkles & clothing adjustments
- Removing and replacing dead plants
- Significant Adjustments
- Removing People
- Removing Furniture
- Removing cars in background/reflections
- Changing background
- Major vanity
- Grass/sky added
- Adding space on sides of image to enlarge/adjust for gutter
- Replace ceilings
- Adding pets or people to a scene
Candidate must adhere to tight deadlines. Subject to approval after a trial run.
- A four year college degree
- 2-4 year minimum industry experience
- Ability to adapt and handle multiple projects at a time
- Excellent communication skills
Please send resume, cover letter, and before and after examples of prior Photoshop projects to careers[at]thescoutguide.com.
We are looking for an entry-level Graphic Designer to join our growing team in our national headquarters in Charlottesville, Virginia.
The Graphic Designer I assists in the design process both externally and internally. Works externally, under the direction of the Brand Director to deliver high quality designs to each territory, as well as internally to develop design products for the brand.
- Assists in the design process in each territory, coordinating with the Brand Director and ‘local team’ (editors, photographer, etc.) to bring the Guide to print within a scheduled timeline
- Receives creative briefs and direction on each spread and designs based on those requests
- Submits designs to the Brand Director for review and works with design team on edits
- Develops and maintains proper design file organization for each city as well as internal projects
- Prepares work to be accomplished by gathering information and materials from the Editor’s prepared Dropbox folder, client’s website, or other sources as appropriate
- Illustrates concept by designing rough layout of art and copy regarding arrangement, size, type size and style based on the TSG aesthetic
- Obtains approval of concept by submitting rough layout for approval
- Completes projects by coordinating with editors, printers, etc.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related design requests
- Demonstrates successful design and integration and a timely delivery of projects
- Uses excellent organization and communication skills both internally with coworkers and externally with Editors and clients
- Successfully sets priorities to plan and execute production punch lists
- Demonstrates fluency in current graphic design practices and programs such as Adobe Creative Suite (especially Photoshop & Illustrator) and continues to build skill level in these programs
Outstanding candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, and portfolio to email@example.com.