It’s officially June. Summer is upon us. The hydrangeas aren’t in bloom yet, but they will be soon which is always something to look forward to. June marks the time when you can start to think about slowing down, enjoying the warmth and indulging in refreshing Summer cocktails, poolside.
We’ve rounded up our favorite things about this month, and have included some TSG resources that will help you take our suggestions.
1. So yes, the dream is to have a pool in your backyard. And it may actually be that you’re finally ready to take the plunge, as it were, and put one in your garden. If this is the case, Howard Design Studio out of Atlanta, GA are experts at designing swimming pools in garden contexts. 404.876.7051.
2. Don’t you want to just stare at these gorgeous floral creations that Roost Flowers and Design post on their blog? This organic floral farm is all about free flowing, casual and, ultimately, very pretty arrangements. Based in Virginia Beach, VA; 757.615.3502.
3. It’s time to embrace your free time. May we suggest taking a trip to San Francisco and staying at the elegant Hotel Drisco?
4. In a way it feels a bit taboo these days to unabashedly embrace the convertible, but let’s be honest: they’re completely fun and sexy. You don’t have to pony up the cash for one, either, as we’re pretty sure Todd Events will hook you up with a rental for a fun party you should throw yourself anyway.
5. Tunics and hats. That’s all you really need this summer. For an investment piece, you can’t go wrong with this yellow top, from Marissa Collection in Naples, FL. 800.581.6641.
6. June is not a time to suddenly tap into your intellectual side. We encourage you to feel the freedom to go for a beach read. And here are some guilty pleasure suggestions.
7. If you’ve spent anytime reading foodie or hip parenting blogs these days, you’ll know that the popsicle is all the rage. Of course, we’re not talking about bombpops or freezies . The new lovely popsicle is homemade, usually out of a frozen mixture of yogurt and fruit. A perfectly refreshing, healthy treat for summer. That said, we couldn’t find any of our restaurants offering popsicles — yet. (They’ll catch on). But at Carter’s kitchen in Charleston, SC they’ve got the grown-up version in spades. 843.722.5908.