A change in the weather is sufficient to recreate the world and ourselves.
The arrival of March means very different things depending on one’s location. Here in TSG Headquarters’s hometown of Charlottesville, Virginia, the month can be a bit of a hybrid, bringing a final bout of snow and the first signs of spring. We tend to see it as a transitional month that is filled with transformation, inspiring us to adapt our homes, wardrobes, and mindsets accordingly.
1. Artichokes. We’re looking forward to our local markets going into full-swing later this month and finding this spring favorite at venues like the Lexington Farmers Market.
2. Panna cotta. As the days get longer and warmer, we gravitate to lighter desserts. James Beard-Nominated chef Daniel Lindley’s Chattanooga-based trattoria Alleia has a panna cotta on the menu we know will hit the spot.
3. Transitional pieces. A fabulous mid-weight coat is essential going into spring. We have our eye on current/elliott’s infantry jacket, which is available from Jody G. in Virginia Beach and would be perfect for layering.
4. High-gloss details. Saying goodbye to dark, short winter days makes adding a little shine to our homes feel so appropriate. From furniture to accessories, Cotswold Marketplace in Charlotte has some wonderful lacquered finds sure to brighten up your home.
5. Full bloom lighting. There’s a vitality about these types of fixtures that we just can’t resist. Niermann Weeks’s Palm Chandelier is blooming perfection.
6. Statement tiles. There’s something about the arrival of spring that makes us want to spruce up our homes, and tile can work wonders. We adore the collections and custom options available from Tile Market of Sarasota.
7. Nature-inspired accessories. As we wait for the sun to melt away any signs of winter, we’ll be basking in the glow of a starburst mirror from Nashville’s Digs Interiors.